Friday, April 11, 2008

Flames of Life

Everything I knew is now in the flames
My life has changed forever
And nothing is the same
It seems that life, as I know it is over
But if it is, I am too numb with shock to care
I want to run to my room and hide beneath the covers
To dream and dream that what is happening now is a dream
But now there is nothing
There is no coffee no sugar no cream
What is happening to me?
Fate has called attention to me
But I wish that it never thought twice walking past my door
Poor poor me

Wait

What am I doing feeling sorry for myself?

I have lived and I am alive
I am solid and unbroken
Yes, my life is disrupted and it will never be the same

But I am me and I am granite
Nothing can break me down
And there are no cracks in this piece of perfect stone

I am proud to be alive

I am well
And with my family
This is nothing at all except a bend in the road of life
I will never forget this burning, blazing, freezing morning

But I will move on

And I will not feel sorry for myself

-Ashely Issacs